BunGeo is fast becoming one of Australia’s top mountain bike (MTB) destinations. Our MTB campaign will increase awareness and provide MTB riders with core tools to enjoy (and extend) their stay.
- To raise awareness of BunGeo, in particular the Collie River Valley and Wellington National Park, as a leading MTB destination
- Increase length of stay
- Western Australian MTB Clubs
- MTB Service providers
- Core WA MTB events
- BunGeo residents and stakeholders
- Interstate Tourism WA markets of Explore & Connect and Off The Beaten
- MTB riders:
- In WA, 88% are Males, 12% are Females (WA MTB Strategy). Females are a growing market.
- 80% of riders are aged between 26-50 years. 50% are 35-50 years
- MTB riders have higher than average incomes. Cyclists trip spend is 5 times higher than the average domestic visitor, they have a higher tendency to visit a destination more than once and frequent regional areas.
- They ride for 1) for the outdoor experience, 2) for fitness, and 3) for socialising.
- Comprehensive map of the trails in BunGeo
- Only two hours from Perth
- Western Australia’s only trail network that offers experiences for beginners through to the adventurous, including a stunning National Park landscape.
Key activities include:
- Development of a Collie River Valley including Wellington National Park MTB Pocket Map
- Launch of map at key MTB event.
- A4 posters promoting the map and download options
- MTB 1-3 day itinerary development and promotion
- Blog posts with a key MTB writer and website content development
- Industry and consumer EDM
- Social media advertising campaign and posts.
This campaign is supported by the South West Development Commission, Tourism WA, WA Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions, and the Shire of Collie.
We encourage you to get involved and share the BunGeo MTB story.