The proposed Bunbury Outer Ring Road is a 27 kilometre section of highway connecting Forrest Highway to Bussell Highway consisting of three sections – northern, central and southern.
It is scheduled to begin construction in early 2021, subject to all environmental and heritage approvals being obtained from the relevant Commonwealth and State regulatory authorities.
The proposed scope of the Bunbury Outer Ring Road (BORR) includes:
- a new four-lane rural freeway-standard road;
- grade separated interchanges at Forrest Highway, Raymond Road, South Western Highway, Wireless Road, Willinge Drive, Centenary Road/Lillydale Road and Bussell Highway;
- bridge river crossings at Collie River, Ferguson River, and Preston River;
- two rail crossings;
- local government road connections; and
- a path for cyclists and pedestrians along the entire length of the road.
BGTP is working with Main Road, South West Development Commission and surrounding LGAs on wayfinding, signage, service facilities and promotional opportunities to inform visitors of the Visit Bunbury Geographe region.