Following Tourism WA’s announcement to pause all domestic marketing activity and other COVID-19 closure responses, it’s with deep regret that we are placing our Autumn Campaign activities and the BunGeo FOUND magazine on hold for the foreseeable future.
The situation facing our visitors, industry and the Bunbury Geographe region is unprecedented and extremely challenging. We know it is creating a lot of uncertainty and hardship for many of you.
We urge businesses to undertake sensible precautions and planning exercises in order to prepare for the coming weeks and months. Please stay safe and continue to follow Federal and State Government guidelines. We also encourage you to make decisions based on reliable, factual information sources and to take action which is in line with official advice.
Thank you to those businesses that have provided hardship advice and business data to us and Australia’s South West which is assisting local, state and federal government with establishing compensation and assistance packages.
Once restrictions are lifted, we look forward to working with you to cure Western Australians predicted ‘cabin fever’ with an amazing holiday in BunGeo. In the meantime, we will continue to share inspiring images and stories from #BunGeo and we urge you to do the same.
Take care, stay safe, stay strong
Bunbury Geographe Tourism Partnership
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 and assistance, visit:
- COVID-19 Australia: Australian Federal Government has launched a new Coronavirus Australia app to provide up-to-date, trusted advice on COVID-19 from the Commonwealth
- WA Government – closure of facilities including pubs, bars, clubs, indoor sporting venues, cinemas, cultural institutions and places of worship to close immediately. Restaurants and cafes restricted to takeaway.
Australian Government guide to Coronavirus
Compiled by Regional Development Australia, this guide attempts to round up information to a single useful source, but given this rapidly evolving issue, it would be wise to follow the links to get the very latest information.
- Health WA
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Government Chief Medical Updates
- World Health Organisation
BUSINESS SUPPORT, RECOVERY PACKAGES, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- WA Government Response & Stimulus Package
- Small Business Development Corporation – Dealing with Corona including stimulus packages and an assistance centre
- Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman – Government Stimulus
- Business Advisory South West & Peel – IPS – Business Advisory is a FREE service funded by the Western Australian State Government for small businesses in the South West and Peel regions. It has received increased resources to help SMEs through COVID-19.
- Bunbury Geographe Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Business South West Connect
TOURISM, HOSPITALITY, EVENTS & WINE
- Tourism Australia– weekly information webinars
- Tourism WA
- Australia’s South West – member advice via regular newsletters and alerts
- Australian Hotels Association WA
- Wine Australia
- Restaurant & Catering Association Australia – COVID-19 Hub
- Lotterywest Event Grant Support
- City of Bunbury
- Shire of Collie
- Shire of Harvey
- Shire of Capel
- Shire of Dardanup
- Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup
- Shire of Boyup Brook
WORLD RESPONSES AND LEARNINGS
- BOMA Global: How do we thrive in a future that looks nothing like the past? A global network of local partners offering transformational learning experiences. What videos on a worldwide online summit with more than 60 experts from 20 countries on the coronavirus pandemic, discussing Reinventing our World, Resilience Amid the First Outbreak, Making Smart Decisions in Turbulent Times, A Different Future, and Extreme Innovation for an Extreme Crisis.