The Bunbury Geographe Tourism Partnership (BGTP) is pleased to announce the appointment of a new Tourism Advisory Working Group.
The Working Group will provide grassroots advice to BGTP Steering Committee and the Tourism Marketing and Development Manager on all things tourism, and is made up of seven local industry representatives.
Tourism Marketing and Development Manager, Anissa Williams stressed the importance of collaboration with industry.
“BGTP is serious about uniting the Bunbury Geographe and developing tourism within the region, but it needs strong partnerships to succeed,” she said.
“The Working Group is our eyes and ears on the ground, representing tourism operators from their individual regions.
“However, their focus will be on collaboration and what is best for the Bunbury Geographe as a whole.
“That’s why this Working Group is so important. Together we’ll be laying the foundation for sustainable tourism development for now and years to come.”
The Working Group met this week to assist the Tourism Marketing and Development Manager, and brand agency Juice Box, with ensuring the region’s brand story is authentic and compelling for visitors.
The full membership of the Tourism Advisory Working Group is as follows:
- Dardanup: Phil Smith, Chair of Ferguson Valley Marketing and owner of St Aidan Wines.
- Donnybrook-Balingup: Wayne Hammond, owner of Oakway Estate, Geographe representative on Australia’s South West.
- Boyup Brook: Daly Winter, Manager Community and Regulatory Services for the Shire of Boyup Brook and President of the Boyup Brook Country Music Festival.
- Bunbury: David Haoust, Go West Tours and member of the Cruise Bunbury Committee.
- Collie: Cr Sarah Stanley for the Shire of Collie, owner Gumfire Marketing, and member of the Collie River Valley Marketing Group.
- Capel: Michelle Plume, Director Community Services at Shire of Capel.
- Harvey: Cr Tania Jackson – President, Shire of Harvey.
Implementing the Working Group delivers one of the principal directions of the Bunbury Wellington and Boyup Brook Regional Tourism Development Strategy.
For further information, please contact:
Tourism Marketing & Development Manager
Bunbury Geographe Tourism Partnership
t: 08 9792 7071
m: 0439 574 235